Each month our Governing Body, the Recruitment and Employment Confederation publish their ‘Jobs Outlook’ – a report that outlines the hiring intentions of employers from around the UK. It also gives commentary on the UK’s Labour Market.
Lisa says “Employment is high and growth in and around Exeter shows no sign of slowing down. Here are some of the highlights from the RECs most recent report.”
- 48% of employers increased staffing this quarter
- 57% increased levels of earning for their workers this quarter
- Employer’s confidence in the UK’s prospects was +3% this quarter
- 75% of employers reported that they have little or no capacity to take on more work without needing to hire more staff
- Concern over the availability of permanent staff rose year-on-year, from 42% to 48%
- The top three job functions that employers expect to have difficulty finding recruiting for permanent roles are Health & Social Care, Engineering and Technical and Hospitality
- Employer satisfaction with the quality of candidates presented by agencies rose from 64% to 74% year-on-year
- Employers satisfaction levels with agencies themselves rose from 69% to 77% year-on-year
- Employers who recruit temp workers rose significantly year-on-year, from 38% to 56%. This growth was driven by the private sector
Lisa said “This report covers the UK however this absolutely reflects what we’re seeing in the South West. People tend to think that things go quiet in the run up to Christmas but we’re definitely not seeing that. We saw a 114% increase in the number of new vacancies we started working on between October and November.”
If you’d like us to help you with your next hire or if you’re someone looking for your next job – get in touch!