Workshop Administrator (Mat Cover)
£18,000 – £19,000
My client, who are a leader and well established company in their industry and looking for a Workshop Administrator. The customer is the focus of the company as well as ensuring they have a great team environment. You will be someone that thrives on communication and giving wonderful customer service and courteous to both your colleagues and existing as well as new customers. In essence, if you don’t know the answer you’ll go and find it and get back in a timely manner, all with a smile and get job satisfaction that you have helped.
The role of Workshop Administrator is on a full time basis (15 month fixed term contract) with the potential for permanent employment, with a start date of beginning of May.
Are you someone who has 1st class organisational skills and thrives in a very busy, priority changing workshop environment. You will ideally have Motor Vehicle Service Administration experience but more importantly the desire to learn about the industry, with the ability to build a rapport with Technicians and customers alike.
With the support of an external IT Company, you will provide basic IT support as issues arise with the Company’s IT system or devices.
Your role as Workshop Administrator will include:
- Check and input all Technician’s time sheets and communicate on-call information with Payroll within a timely manner
- Check and input information from job documents (job cards)
- Input and update new job, new customer and new machine information
- Record and update customer and machine details onto spreadsheet
- Update monthly sales reports
- Register new machinery for Warranty online, submit claims and process invoices
- Answer incoming calls and make necessary arrangements with customers/suppliers and licencing/training providers
- Arrange training for the Technicians as directed by the Workshop Manager
- Record MOT due dates and ensure all MOTs are booked and carried out within a timely manner
- Check all drivers’ licences are current and valid upon induction of new staff
- Co-ordinate the vehicle tracking system for all company vehicles
- Download Tacho Cards and Tacho machines
- Ensure weekly vehicle checks are carried out for all the company vehicles
- Organise vehicle hire and arrangement as required
- Update and monitor the cost of vehicle repair
- Arrange vehicle related training/tests for employees, as instructed by the Transport Manager.
You do not have to be a tech wizard, but you will be willing to help set up of new PCs, phones and iPads and being the contact between the company and the external IT consultants.
Skills / experience we are looking for in a Workshop Administrator:
- Enjoys a fast paced environment
- Eye for detail
- Accurate typing skills
- Great communication skills
- Basic IT support knowledge
- Previous experience in transport/ motor industry is preferable, but certainly not essential.
Salary: Up to £19k