Software Quality Assurance Tester
£20k – £35k DOE
Our client is a well-established and innovative software company, who are growing rapidly and working with some of the biggest names in their industry. They’re a friendly, forward-thinking bunch and it’s a supportive team environment to be a part of.
Due to continued growth they are looking for either an experienced QA Tester, or someone who is keen to move into a software testing role. The software is critical to the smooth running of their customer’s businesses, so your role will be fundamental in maintaining the quality of new deployments, always considering the end user’s experience.
You’ll play a key role ensuring all aspects of quality assurance are considered and that all the software products work correctly and are fit for purpose. Your focus will always be on how the product is going to work for the customer, so you’ll identify any gaps from the expected behaviour and report any discrepancies, and you’ll collaborate with the talented Development team to ensure improvements are made.
The software is multifaceted and complex so the role will also involve regression testing to ensure all areas of the system have been considered prior to deployment.
Your key responsibilities as a Software Quality Assurance Tester:
- Perform comprehensive testing on all development work across all the company’s products, reporting any defects to a defined specification.
- Performing manual testing and devising and implementing automated testing
- Help the development team in all suspected bug investigation.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the organisation’s software.
- Working closely with other business functions i.e. Support
Required skills and experience:
- A good understanding of the software development process
- A natural curiosity and high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Flexible and hardworking both in a team environment and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- SEB/ISTQB Foundation – desirable but not essential
The company really look after their staff and offer a generous benefits package including private healthcare, death in service benefits, pension scheme and more! They have regular socials, weekly team lunches and there is a Nintendo Switch, football table and fitness sessions on site.
Due to the location of the offices, you’ll need your own transport. There is onsite parking.
If you’d like to find out more, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sky on 01392 873813.
Salary: £20k - £35k DOE
Related Jobs (11)
Senior Business Development Manager – Software VR/3330 on August 21, 2019
2nd Line Tech Support Advisor (Software) (VR/3276) on August 1, 2019 Full Time