Part time Payroll Assistant
£18,000 – £21,000
Based on the outskirts of Exeter, my client is looking for a part time Payroll Assistant, to join their finance team. You will need to be experienced in payroll administration as the role involves maintaining the payroll system, providing reports and associated documents.
The team is relatively small so you will be someone that is flexible, always ready to help, keep your colleagues updated and take responsibility and able to prioritise your work.
What is important is that you have payroll experience – the system that you have used is not important as training will be provided – and you will be comfortable in using Excel for reporting.
What will the role of Payroll Assistant include?
- Undertaking operational accounting, financial, payroll and administrative tasks
- Acquiring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of payroll processes and all relevant legislation
- Preparing the staff payroll, including SMP, SSP and year-end procedures and submissions
- Ensuring that the year-end payroll procedures
- Working with departmental managers to prepare payroll, overtime, headcount and staff turnover reports, analyses and statistics
- Working with departmental managers to prepare payroll Budgets and Forecasts
- Preparing, issuing and posting to the nominal ledger all expense claim payments in support of cost centre and unit costing
- Distributing the monthly payslips and resolving any payroll issues with staff
- Administration of pension schemes and auto enrolment tasks
- Liaising with HR
- Support the Finance Manager which preparing and submitting end of year accounts as required by the auditors.
Due to the location, you will need to either drive or you can get a bus as it is on a main route. The role is on a part time basis, of 20 hours/ week, but this could be increased and on occasion due to sickness or holidays you may need to cover for other roles in the finance team.
Salary: £18k - £21k