My client, who is based on the outskirts of Exeter, are looking for a new member of their team as Office Manager. The company has a flat structure, so you will be someone who naturally takes responsibility, at the same time willing to help others and essentially work together to get the job done, giving great service to your customers.
The role is a mix of admin, finance and overseeing the admin staff. This could see you checking renewal dates for insurance and contacting suppliers to get quotes, carrying out a bank rec, or updating the holiday records. If you are the type of person that enjoys variety, has great organisational skills, relishes in building up relationships with customers, this could be the job for you!
What will the job of Office Manager include?
- Carrying out financial transactions – inc bank recs
- Processing invoices – checking details before sending to the customer
- Calculating bespoke pricing
- Processing and sending of payments to suppliers
- Dealing with expenses – checking and submission
- Requesting monthly direct debit payments
- Oversee day to day operations of the office
- Checking of sales figures and providing reports for the management team/ board
- Preparation of payroll and accounts for month end
- Monitoring and updating holiday and absence records
- Dealing with pay reviews and updating of employees
- Carrying out appraisals
- Dealing with insurances and associated premiums.
What skills/ experience are we looking for in an Office Manager?
- Excellent organisation skills
- Finance experience – but accountancy qualifications are not essential
- Managing a team
- Fully IT literate with excellent Excel skills
- Team player and hands on approach.
The role is on a full-time basis, with a growing company. Due to the location, you will need your own transport, and there is free parking.