Legal Secretary – Private Client (Mat cover)
£18,000 – £22,000
Our client is a prestigious and established law firm who are looking a Legal Secretary, with experience in Private Client, on mat cover for 9 months.
You will be someone that can manage their own time, use your initiative and be respectful of the confidential nature of client’s matters and documents. The relationship you have with clients is also vital and therefore delivering excellent customer service must come natural to you. The ability to work in a team is also essential as you will provide support to others, as and when required. You will be fully supported and welcomed by the team from day 1.
What experience / skills are required for Legal Secretary – Private Client?
- Previous experience / training in a legal practice
- Accurate and fast typing skills – 60 wpm
- Audio typing
- Eye for detail
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Great communication skills
- Be able to work to strict processes and procedures.
Your role as Legal Secretary in the Private Client Dept will include:
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- Daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
- Preparing mail and enclosures for despatch
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for relevant fee earner
- Preparing meeting rooms as necessary, and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting
- Provide support to clients over the phone
- Welcome/ meet clients in person
- Provide refreshments
- Operate accounts procedures and update record systems and databases on time
- Keep up to date with all forms and precedents in use by the practice
- Provide assistance to other support staff
- Comply with industry/ legal practices and standards.
The law firm are well known in the area and have a warm and friendly approach to their clients and also to the team environment to make this a great place to work.
Salary: £18k - £22k