Lead Software Developer
Outskirts of Exeter
Up to £45K DOE + fantastic benefits package
We’re recruiting for a Lead Software Developer to join a pioneering and award-winning technology based company located on the outskirts of Exeter. It’s a fast-paced, fun and friendly environment and the team are dedicated and passionate about what they do!
This brand new role would be perfect for a Mid or Senior who is looking for that next step in their career towards Lead. As well as leading and supporting a small team of project-based developers, you’ll also be ‘hands on’ so you’ll maintain and build your own technical abilities too. With responsibilities to deliver software projects on time and to scope, you’ll work closely with stakeholders so excellent communication skills are essential.
Key responsibilities as a Lead Software Developer:
- Involved in the requirement capture with all stakeholders, from customers to company board
- Putting together technical solutions including architecture using a customer focused and design led approach
- Spring planning and task delegation to lead the development teams to a timely delivery
- Providing weekly project reports
- Hands-on design and coding opportunities
- Prior coding experience within a Mid or Senior Developer role
- End to end project delivery from stakeholder and customer requirement through to delivery
- A good understanding of PHP and MySQL
- Experience working with solution architects to specify solutions from stakeholders
- Happy to manage teams, including remote, in an Agile environment
- Someone with excellent attention to detail, a customer focused approach and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
In return you’ll be joining a fantastic, social company that offer a generous benefits package including an employee bonus scheme, 24 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (and a day off on your birthday), health and dental support and more!
Location: Outskirts of Exeter
Salary: Up to £45k DOE + fantastic benefits package