Junior Data Analyst
Up to £22K
We’re recruiting for a Junior Data Analyst to join a pioneering and award-winning technology based company located on the outskirts of Exeter. It’s a fast-paced, fun and friendly environment and the team are dedicated and passionate about what they do!
In this role you’ll be supporting the Senior Data Analyst with the delivery of projects and solutions through your analysis of complex product data. This will be used to inform strategic decision making, so you’ll be able to compile and present data in a clear and engaging way for colleagues, stakeholders and customers. You’ll also spot opportunities and identify potential issues with the aim of optimising the customer’s experience, whilst improving and streamlining processes and procedures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Putting together regular and ad-hoc reports on product data, KPI’s and other business metrics for internal and external use – with accompanying insight as required
- Compiling and delivering data requests received from clients
- Writing and improvement of MySQL queries and Excel VBA code
- Gathering and manipulating data from a variety of different sources including Excel, MySQL, databases and Salesforce
- Improving existing processes such as automating reports and improving report presentation/metrics
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- A recent graduate with a relevant, numerate degree (e.g. Mathematics / Computer Science) or experience analysing data in a similar role is essential
- A desire to learn new skills, software and programming languages
- Intermediate Excel experience (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS etc)
- Keen eye for detail and a natural problem solver
- Personable, friendly and able to communicate effectively with others
- Knowledge or experience of MYSQL / SQL script and databases, Excel VBA or Python would be beneficial
In return you’ll be joining a fantastic, social company that offer a generous benefits package including an employee bonus scheme, 24 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (and a day off on your birthday), flexible working hours and more!
If you’re interested and want to know more, please get in touch with Sky. Alternatively take a look at the other IT and Technical jobs she’s working on or connect with Sky on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new roles she’s working on.
Salary: Up to £22k