2nd/3rd Line IT Systems Engineer
Up to £32k DOE
We’re seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer at a 2nd or 3rd Line level to join a growing and successful company based in South Devon. The company specialise in IT Support, providing Managed IT Services and IT Consultancy across the UK to a broad range of clients.
You will be responsible for providing remote and onsite support to customers, as well as scoping of opportunities and assisting with the technical design of the solution for new and existing clients. You’ll be responsible for the installation, migration and maintenance of systems, and developing and delivering technical projects. Each day will be different, so you’ll be someone who enjoys variety and is happy to get stuck in!
To some extent the role can be shaped around your skill set and strengths – if you’re someone who particularly enjoys being in a client facing role who is hands-on with projects and happy to travel there is scope to do more of this.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with within an IT Support/Helpdesk environment at a 2nd or 3rd Line level
- Previous experience supporting and implementing Exchange Server or Office 365, Windows Server, firewall and WAN technologies and Active Directory
- Experience of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Networking Hardware, configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Full UK driving license as travel will be required
The following would be a bonus!
- Network design and planning
- Experience of SQL, Linux, Microsoft Azure
- Previously worked for a Managed Service Provider
- Technical certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MSCA or MCSE
In return the company offer a competitive salary which is dependent on experience. At a 2nd Line level the salary range is £24k – £28k and for someone at a 3rd Line level the company could pay up to £32k.
They also offer an Employee Perks Programme and 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays. They are also open to considering candidates who want to work from home 1 day a week.
If you’re interested and want to know more, please get in touch with Sky. Alternatively take a look at the other IT and Technical jobs she’s working on or connect with Sky on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new roles she’s working on.
Location: South Devon
Salary: Up to £32k