IT Project Specialist (3rd Line)
Up to £35k DOE + car allowance
Are you looking for a new job opportunity in Exeter with great opportunity and scope to get involved with a variety of technical projects? This well-established and successful company have been providing expert IT solutions and consultancy for a number of years, and in that time they’ve built a loyal customer base. The team are passionate about what they do, and they’re committed to providing quality IT services and an excellent service to all their customers.
As an IT Project Specialist, your focus will be to implement new products and solutions for the existing client base, working closely with the Operations Director and internal teams. You’ll get involved with planning, scoping and installing strategic projects through to completion, ensuring issues are managed and a fantastic customer experience is maintained.
The role will also see you supporting the 1st and 2nd Line Support team with more complex 3rd Line issues or escalated incidents.
As you’d expect, this role will see you out and about visiting customer sites so you’ll need to be able to drive and happy to travel and work onsite regularly (you will receive a car allowance and business mileage).
Key responsibilities as an IT Project Specialist:
- Implementing different projects including Office 365 migrations, Server replacements, Firewall installations, PC/laptop installs, wireless and phone system installations and more.
- Managing the project cycle from initiation through to completion, including assessing risk and change management
- Creating and implementing project plans, considering the customer’s time and budget
- Evaluation and recommendation of new products
- Provide 3rd Line support to the Support team, and covering the Service Desk during holiday or sickness
- Assisting with client onboarding activities
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, working with projects and implementing products and solutions
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows software and server operating systems, printing and network systems
- Experience with networks, Active Directory, Office 365, Backup soltions, Antivirus software, hosted telephony, virtulisation and security
- Problem solving abilities across WAN and LAN connectivity, routers and switches, and firewalls
- Confident with third party software and hardware suppliers
- Time management, organisational and Project Management skills
- Strong client relationship skills – a great communicator, listening skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Industry recognised qualifications such as MTA, MCP, MCSA, CCNA, N+ or S+ are highly desirable
The company are committed to personal development and offer a learning and development scheme with an opportunity to complete further IT qualifications. On top of this, you’ll also receive a car allowance and business mileage, a generous holiday allowance, discounted rates on technology products, paid overtime and more!
Salary: Up to £35k DOE + car allowance