IT Field Service Engineer
Up to £27,500 DOE + company bonus and van
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading managed services provider based in Exeter as an IT Field Service Engineer. The company have a wide range of customers across different sectors so each day will be different, but providing exceptional customer service will be at the forefront of everything you do, leaving customers impressed with your expertise and friendly manner.
The role is field based and you’ll largely be out and about, so you’ll regularly travel across the South West and Wales in a company van with all the tools and PPE that you’ll need! Working and staying away from home for short periods during the week is an essential part of the role, but you’ll have prior notice of any jobs and all expenses will be covered.
As a Field Service Engineer day to day you’ll be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis and repair of existing installations
- Network design and installations, as well as system health checks to ensure installations are performing optimally
- Conducting site surveys, preparing designs and planning upgrades
- Undertaking installation work for new and existing customer sites
- Providing support for mobile and temporary events
- Break/fix work as required
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role, e.g. Network Engineer, Installations, Field based Engineer within an IT or Telecoms environment
- High level of understanding of computer networks, IP networks and WiFi systems
- Experience with electrical equipment and cabling installation
- Excellent communicator and customer care skills
- Happy working independently, as well as part of a team
- Good organisational skills, independent and diligent
- CompTIA Network+ or CCNA qualifications would be highly beneficial
In return the company offer a personal healthcare plan, pension, gym membership and a bonus after you’ve completed your 6-month probation and enrollment on the company profit scheme. They also support training towards desired qualifications too.
If you’re interested in finding out more, call Sky for an informal chat on 01392 873 813.
Salary: Up to £27k DOE
Related Jobs (15)
Senior Business Development Manager – Software VR/3330 on August 21, 2019