Finance Assistant – Part time
Up to £25,000 (pro rata)
Are you looking for a varied finance / accounts role in a lively, award winning company? Do you have a broad accounting knowledge? If your answer to these 2 questions is yes, read on…
The company is based in the centre of Exeter and have a wonderful working culture. You will be supporting the management team and MD in the reporting and analysis side as well as the purchase ledger, sales ledger and a small amount of credit control.
The role is on a part time basis, this could be 3 full days, or shorter working hours spread over 5 days.
What will the role of Finance Assistant include?
- Bookkeeping responsibility
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable and chasing overdue invoices
- Budget preparation for board
- Preparing (monthly) payroll & timesheets monthly, liaising with payroll company, checking payroll reports and paying wages
- Commission calculations for sales teams
- Financial input (i.e. spot issues or anomalies)
- Financial reporting to MD – weekly bank and cashflow
- Assisting with preparing and maintaining individual departmental budget reports.
What skills/ experience are we looking for in a Finance Assistant?
- First class finance/ book keeping and administrative skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical experience, along with a real eye for detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly strong Excel knowledge
- Excellent powers of communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn
- An enthusiastic team spirit and willingness to help others
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Diplomatic and discrete with confidential information
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humour
Salary: Up to £25k pro rata