Finance and Operations Manager
£40,000 – £50,000 + bonus
We are looking for someone who wants a varied role whose main focus is finance, but enjoys the other aspects of a hands on Finance and Operations Manager. The company is in the care industry and whilst experience in this field is desirable, if you have worked in a regulatory environment – perhaps a school, NHS or charity we would also be interested in hearing from you. What is important is that you are willing to learn the regulations, understand their importance, ensure they are implemented effectively and able to explain to others.
Your role as Finance and Operations Manager will include:
- Line Managing the two Registered Managers and two administrators
- Providing and overseeing financial information (budgets/ monthly Management Information packs) to include commentary
- Completing payroll and associated tasks
- Reconciling bank accounts on a daily basis
- Updating monthly manual journals
- Overseeing HR function, disciplinary and recruitment process
- Ensuring Policies and Procedures including Health & Safety and Fire Risk Assessment are up to date relevant and adhered to
- Leading marketing initiatives
- Chairing Management meetings and distributing minutes
- Representing the company both within the home and at external meetings/ functions
- Overseeing capital expenditure, renovation and redecoration of the homes and future developments
- Ensuring that the managers are running the homes safely, effectively, within budget and in accordance with CQC/ HSE/ ICO and other regulatory bodies requirements
- Ensuring regular communication is encouraged within the home and to stakeholders with regards to updates and changes
- Oversee implementation of new software and management systems
- Ensuring GDPR compliance
- Deputising for the Chairman in his absence.
Skills/ experience/ personal qualities that we are looking for in a Finance and Operations Manager:
- Accounting qualification, ideally ACCA/ CIMA, AAT (Level 4)
- Experience of using accounts software, setting up journals/ accruals/ prepayments
- Experience of producing management accounts
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR policies and legislation
- Experience of working to regulations
- Experience of implementing new software systems
- Able to communicate with people at all levels
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get stuck into side projects and perform general admin tasks.
The role is Monday – Friday and the company are flexible on hours: 8.00am – 4.00pm, 9.00am – 5.00pm, 10.00am – 6.00pm.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + bonus 5k but uncapped