Our client, who is based on the outskirts of Exeter, are looking for a Data Administrator to join their team. Your role is to provide support to the Business Intelligence team with the creation of new products, updating of relevant product data and ensuring data accuracy.
You will be someone who gets satisfaction of having accurate and complete data in the system and have the hunger to get things right. You character will be someone who can explain to others where errors have occurred and have a “can do” attitude.
You may be a recent graduate or someone who has experience working with data and manipulating it. What is important is that due to the level of data that you will be dealing with, you will be a whizz in Excel and ideally experience with SQL.
As a Data Administrator you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing support and guidance to colleagues for creation of new products and the associated process
- Effective data management including validating and cleansing of existing product data
- Provide advice to users about system limitations and best practice
- Respond to queries and incidents relating to accuracy of the data
- Help to develop processes (ideally automated) to support the quality of data for both new and existing products
- Work closely with the IT team to communicate required updates to systems
- Support development of reports to highlight KPI’s related to product data
- Provide other product-related reports on a monthly and adhoc basis for various internal departments
What skills / experience are we looking for?
- Data manipulation / management skills using SQL and Excel (macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS and extensive filtering will not phase you)
- Excellent data entry skills with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple data / reporting requests and prioritise tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills – with a drive and flexibility to support others
- Passion for problem solving and a keen eye for detail
Salary: £18K - £20K
Related Jobs (10)
Senior Business Development Manager – Software VR/3330 on August 21, 2019
2nd Line Tech Support Advisor (Software) (VR/3276) on August 1, 2019 Full Time