Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager
Up to £35k DOE
We’re currently recruiting a Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager to join an internationally established and highly successful company based in Exeter.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a key position leading a team of three to process raw, commercial data into information that can be easily understood and used to make insightful business decisions, both at a strategic and operational level.
Your role will be hands-on as you’ll be heavily involved in the creation, delivery and evolution of the company’s BI strategy, as well as ensuring the team work together collaboratively to deliver valuable insight.
In a nutshell, your role will involve:
- Overseeing the day to day activities and projects and leading the team to ensure optimum productivity
- Developing new reporting functionality and analysis using market and pricing data, promoting data driven decision making within the company
- Working in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders to understand BI requirements, priorities, key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Leading on the development of processes (including automation where possible)
- Streamlining data collection and analysis procedures
- Reporting findings to Senior Management and making recommendations
- Ensuring compliance to all areas of data handling and promote good practice of data handling
Required skills and experience:
- Highly experienced with Transactional SQL and data modelling, advanced user in Excel, report writing, data interrogation and Strategic Scenario Modelling
- Ability to positively manage others and lead by example with a natural ability to teach and help others professionally
- A strategic thinker with strong BI skills
- A confident communicator
- Ability to multi-task and juggle conflicting priorities
- A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- A degree would be beneficial – ideally in a financial or statistical subject
You’ll be working standard office hours (9am to 5.15pm Monday to Friday) and the company offer a generous benefits package including 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, private medical insurance, an enhanced pension contribution scheme and onsite parking. There’s also an annual bonus dependent on company’s performance!
Salary: up to £35k