Business Insight Analyst
Are you an experienced Business Insight Analyst who is looking to develop your career and add value to an established company? This Exeter based company work with a wide range of different clients, including some well-known and global brands. You will be working with in a close-knit supportive team, on their main clients.
With a logical and investigative approach you’ll work closely with the Operations team to draw out insights which drive decision making and business benefit. Through your analysis of raw data, you will identify meaningful trends and facts and transform the data into clear and goal-driven reports and recommendations.
Naturally, you will be someone who is inquisitive and thrives on data and giving insightful information. You will present your findings and recommendations both to clients and the leadership team in a clear, visual manner. The company is looking for someone who will come up with new ideas and uses their initiative. It is preferable that you will come from a customer service/ call centre background, and have worked with major blue-chip companies.
Your key responsibilities as a Business Insight Analyst:
- Complete analysis work, interpret the results and make recommendations to ensure continuous improvement
- Understand and maintain focus on the analytical needs of the Operations team, including identifying critical metrics and KIP’s and deliver actionable insights to the relevant decision makers
- Develop, implement and a maintain analytical systems, taking complicated problems and creating simple frameworks
- Proactively identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of data sets
- Implement routines to monitor and track progress on all activities
- Put together best practice reports for project managers and senior stakeholders
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems and inaccuracies.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an analytical role
- Experience with being part of complex data management projects – ideally including all phases of the project life cycle from scoping and planning, requirement gathering, design, development, testing, and go live through to evaluation
- Extensive experience of data manipulation and visualisation in Excel, including charts, pivot tables and complex formulas
- Confident user SQL and Access, as well as data analysis and visualisation tools
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present in a clear and concise manner to various levels across the business
- Able to translate basic statistical terms to a non-technical audience
- Evidence of working in a Lean method
- A degree in a related field or a relevant Business Analysis qualification would be a bonus
- A proactive approach and a passion for working with data.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package including 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising with service), a day off for your birthday, parking, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
Salary: Up to £30k DOE