£24,000 – £28,000
My client, who is a well-established accountancy firm based in the city centre of Exeter, are looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team. The company fully supports study and maintaining CPD is expected. This will ensure you give a 1st class service, to your wide range of clients. This will see you working with a company in the building trade dealing with CIS and complicated VAT returns, SME’s, sole traders through to those that have an international presence and of course be confident in dealing with the intricacies of accounting and associated laws and regulations.
Your role of Bookkeeper will include:
- Carry out weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping
- Calculating and submission of VAT returns
- Prepare financial management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
What are we looking for in a Bookkeeper?
- 2 years + accounting experience
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Up to date knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Sage Line 50 essential
- Ability to switch from client to client
- Implementation of Making Tax Digital – desirable.
The company will consider part time or full time hours, but what is important is that you can hit the ground running to carry out the tasks above. The company has a great benefits package that include an annual bonus, day off on your birthday, supported training, life assurance and enhanced pension. For more info, or to apply contact Lisa – email@example.com or 01392 873 813.
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 + great package!