Backend Developer (PHP, Python, Perl)
£competitive + fantastic company benefits
Are you an experienced Backend Developer with demonstrable experience with Perl/Python/PHP? If you are looking for a rewarding role with a local company offering the latest in cutting-edge technologies then this could be the role for you!
Our client is an SAAS company, based in Exeter, who provide back office and mobile solutions – they are working with some of the biggest companies in their industry. They are looking for a new member to join their existing Development team. You’ll work together with the other departments to delivering the best possible end user experience.
You’ll be someone who is excited about working with a variety of projects as you will get stuck in with the design, development, implementation and support stages. As someone with a desire to bring fresh ideas to the table, you will also be responsible for maintaining and developing the core infrastructure of the platform, as well as designing new services and databases to implement new features.
Depending on experience there could be a Dev Ops element to this role too – server and database and management and optimisation.
What is the company looking for in a Backend Developer?
- Experience writing and managing scripts in Perl and Python
- Strong coding skills in Python, PHP and Perl (Java would be an advantage)
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming concept
- Linux command line knowledge
- Experience writing shell scripts, with versioning control systems and knowledge of MySQL databases
- Understanding of agile development methodologies with the desire to improve existing processes
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform would be advantageous
- Agile development practices, including daily scrum, planning and retros.
Required Skills / Languages:
- Codeigniter (or similar frontend framework e.g. Laravel)
- Git / version control
- AJAX, RESTful APIs.
Advantageous Skills/ Languages:
- Agile / Scrum / Jira
- node JS
- Vue JS.
It’s a busy, but fun working environment. Hard work and good performance are recognised and rewarded. They offer a fantastic benefits package including private healthcare, death in service benefits and pension scheme. They have weekly team lunches, and quarterly socials and there are optional on-site fitness classes to burn off the lunches too!
If you’d like to find out more about this opportunity please get in touch with Sky.
For more IT / Technical roles, take a look at: https://www.sarahwest.co.uk/jobs/?specialisms=it-and-technical
Salary: £ Competitive + fantastic bens package
Related Jobs (10)
Senior Business Development Manager – Software VR/3330 on August 21, 2019
2nd Line Tech Support Advisor (Software) (VR/3276) on August 1, 2019 Full Time