Procurement/ Purchasing Administrator
£22,000 – £25,000
Do you enjoy and are good at building relationships with suppliers? If so, this could be your new job! Our client who is a major player in their field are looking for a Procurement / Purchasing Specialist to join them. The company are fast growing and you’ll be joining a great team.
As well as contact with suppliers, you will also be liaising with many departments internally, ensuring that the information is put on the internal system correctly and have the ability to logically work out the best solution for all. Organising of orders, managing your own time and great customer service are all key areas.
As the Procurement / Purchasing Administrator you will be:
- Place and track orders and build relationships with suppliers
- Regularly check back order/availability/potential stock-out reports, and take action as required
- Work with suppliers and forwarders to arrange regular shipments and plan economical shipments where possible
- Resolve related issues
- Liaise warehouses to ensure swift receipt of goods, advising when a shipment needs special priority to fulfil back orders
- Assist with QC sample arrangements, problematic items and work with supplier to resolve such issues
- Liaise with Finance departments to make sure payments are made correctly in a timely fashion, tracking credit/debit notes.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in direct procurement and / or commodity management
- Working knowledge of procurement best practice
- A continuous drive to improve procurement and planning processes
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- The ability to plan and organise effectively
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Driven and committed
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Able to manage own workload to meet targets and deadlines.
Location: Exeter (outskirts)
Salary: £22 - £25k