Systems Support Analyst
My client, who are based on the outskirts of Exeter, are currently carrying out a project for the migration to using Dynamics NAV, and are looking for a Systems Support Analyst. As well as the transfer to the new system you will also be responsible for the support and development of the company’s other core applications that include EPOS, SharePoint, SAGE and Microsoft Office.
You will resolve the issues that are raised by tickets concerning user issues as well as considering the development and improvement of business reports.
With regards to the migration to Dynamics NAV, for the duration of this project, you will be involved in the cleansing of data, documenting changes, attend project meetings, training and workshop sessions.
What will the role of Systems Support Analyst involve?
- Main technical contact for the Dynamics NAV project team
- Shared responsibility with the ICT projects team for application delivery
- Business reporting development
- Ownership and progression of assigned support tickets raised via the company helpdesk by carrying out investigative activity and where a fix is available implementing this within agreed SLA’s
- Ensuring that own / unallocated open tickets are regularly reviewed and any assigned to third party technology partners are progressed
- Application support for the companies chosen platforms
- Maintaining user and application security permissions granting and revoking access rights as requested by line management
- Maintaining the Active Directory user database, creating new users, associated mailboxes and distribution lists
- Maintenance and documentation of deployed assets via the Helpdesk application including updating asset tags where required
- Performing bulk data uploads and updates to ERP and CRM data utilising SQL Server Management Studio in response to data provided by line management
- Maintaining / Creating technical documentation ensuring configuration information & deployment processes are fully documented and accurate
- Contribute to patch management ensuring workstations, servers and applications are regularly reviewed and any relevant patches are applied. Documenting patch cycles.
Skills and experience required for the role of Systems Support Analyst:
- Possess very good functional experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Have a background supporting Dynamics NAV in a multi-site, multi-discipline environment (manufacturing, distribution & retail)
- Have a good knowledge of Integrated EPOS, Microsoft Windows (server and client) and Office
- SQL Server Management Studio and Relational Database concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL server and the TSQL language
- Familiar with report writing concepts and tools (SSRS and Jet Reports preferred)
- Willing to learn new skills and have an enthusiasm for technology
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce accurate documentation
- Enjoy working both on your own and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Be articulate with good listening and communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to explain complex ideas and issues to non-technical staff.