Legal Secretary – Private
£18k – £20k
Our client is a prestigious and established law firm who are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their Private department based in Torquay.
You will be someone that can manage their own time, use your initiative and be respectful of the confidential nature of client’s matters and documents. The relationship you have with clients is also vital and therefore delivering excellent customer service must come natural to you, as well as the appreciation of dealing with confidential matters. The ability to work in a team is also essential as you will provide support to others, as and when required. You will be fully supported and welcomed by the team from your very first day.
Your role as a Legal Secretary will involve:
- Assisting fee earners in progressing client matters.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Contacting clients, other lawyers and 3rd parties.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up-to-date diary for fee earners.
- Keeping up to date with industry practices and standards.
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience or training in a legal practice would be ideal, but not essential.
- Accurate and fast typing skills of at least 60 wpm and experience of audio typing.
- Strong administrative and IT skills including experience with MS Office.
- Ability to manage conflicting workloads and work effectively under pressure.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to work to strict processes and procedures.
- Someone who has an appreciation for confidentiality and GDPR.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.30pm and an early finish on Fridays which are 9am to 5pm.
In return the company offer healthcare cover and a pension scheme. For the right candidate they are happy to discuss other options regarding working hours i.e. school hours.
Salary: Up to £20k