£75,000 + excellent bens package
Our prestigious client, who are a well established company in Exeter, are looking for a Finance Director. The company has a strategic growth plan that it is achieving and looking for someone to help continue their success. You will be very much a “hands on” person, who has operated at Group Accountant level. From a background perspective, ideally it will be from working in a growing and developing organisation, and naturally you will adapt to change well and suit working in a flat structure.
The industry that you have previously worked in is not a major factor, as the company very much has the view that experience and expertise from other fields are welcomed and will help the company in its growth.
Below is an overview of the role as Finance Director:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for multiple divisions, including preparation for Board meetings
- Daily management of group bank accounts including preparing and submitting payments
- Line management of the accounts team
- Proactive management of debtors and credit control
- Responsible for ensuring timely reporting and payment of statutory liabilities including PAYE, VAT and payment of Corporation Tax after Auditors calculations
- Ensuring monthly bill runs are completed and correct by way of statistical analysis
- Responsibility for systems to reconcile wholesale supplier monthly billing inputs
- Liaising with auditors and management of the year end and audit process
- Liaison with financial institutions regarding management of group borrowing requirements
- Management of financial relationships with major suppliers/ partners
- Management of foreign supplier payments
- Responsible to ensure regulatory governance and compliance
- Analysis of accounting and invoicing/ payments
- Financial management and recording for the Executive Pension Scheme
- Preparation, with a Board Director of forecasts and annual budgets.
Experience and skills that we are looking for in a Finance Director:
- ACA Qualified with ongoing professional development
- Excellent IT skills including advanced spreadsheets
- Well organised and methodical approach to work and attention to detail
- Flexibility to meet monthly deadlines and to cope with an ever-changing business environment
- Proactive approach to efficiency improvements and cost savings.
- Interpersonal skills for liaising with internal and external colleagues.
It must be noted that the position of Director embodies the requirement for flexibility as duties continually evolve with that of the company and its activities both internally and externally.
Salary: £75k + excellent benefits package