Up to £19,000 + bonus
As an Import Assistant you will be someone who enjoys working in a busy office and being part of a close knit team. You will be an integral part of the import process, supporting the finance and purchasing teams as well as the Operations Manager to support their admin needs.
Your role will be key in managing the data for shipments and providing support throughout process. You’ll be joining a company that is a leader in its field, supplying a wide range of customers from large retail chains to small independent shops.
Due to the location being in the outskirts of Exeter, access to own transport would be beneficial.
Within the role of Imports Assistant you will be:
- Inputting and processing information from shipping documentation on the system.
- Liaising with suppliers and freight forwarders over the phone and by email.
- Contacting suppliers about shipping documents.
- Checking details for accuracy against contracts and Terms and Conditions.
- Allocation of funds against purchases.
What skills will you have?
- Knowledge of import/export processes would be advantageous, but also if you are at the beginning of your career this would be a great opportunity to learn new skills and there is also the possibility to develop into other areas of the business.
- Experience using MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word. An ideal candidate would have a good level of Excel skills e.g. pivot tables and setting up spreadsheets, but this is not essential.
- Meticulous and a keen eye for detail.
- Good communication skills and a good standard of English.
- Enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, a company pension and free parking. Talent and hard-work is recognised, so there is also an annual bonus based on individual performance.
The company use a bespoke in-house system and full training will be given. The company is growing, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress and develop.
Working hours are 08:00 – 17:00 with an hour lunch break. There is a kitchen on site, as well as a sofa room with Sky TV.
Location: Exeter (outskirts)
Salary: Up to £19k + bonus