Underwriting Team Leader
£40,000 – £50,000 + excellent package
Your role as Underwriting Team Leader will be all encompassing from the recruitment, and development of your team and making sure they reach their targets. This will be supported through your management and allocation of your team’s work load and ensuring that standards are met through auditing their work.
Due to the specific area that you will deal with, you must have the Life and Disability Underwriting exam.
What else will the role of Underwriting Team Leader involve?
- Nominated Genetics Underwriter
- Managing projects as and when required, to include product development, system enhancements and system testing.
- Managing share of departmental complaints
- Keeping department Standards document up to date and in line with current market practice
- Approving and testing rules development changes and keeping up to date with rules technology
- The ability to work effectively within a team and the ability to handle own caseload
- The accurate underwriting, including substandard cases and financial underwriting, and approval of all new business and increase applications in accordance with underwriting guidelines and rating considerations relating to the company’s products within an agree authority level
- The accurate underwriting and approval of reinstatements and existing business “terms reviews” in accordance with underwriting guidelines and rating considerations relating to the company’s products within an agreed authority level
- Providing advice and guidance to the company’s Claims Department in relation to claims handling and dealing with post risk underwriting
- Liaison with Medical Officers, Underwriting Manager, Medical professionals, reassurance companies, Financial Advisers clients and other relevant professional bodies
- Correspondence with Networks, Financial Advisers and other intermediaries with regard to underwriting and acceptance terms
- Dealing with technical underwriting queries from all sources including internal customers
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls direct from the public, from the intermediary or from the applicant’s GP in relation to queries regarding underwriting decisions
- To keep abreast of developments in the industry as they relate to Underwriting and New Business
- Providing training of underwriting philosophy and processes, both internally and externally.
You will be one of the main contacts with regulators so therefore you will be someone who is a great communicator, and appreciates the necessity to ensure that standards are met.
The company offers a great package, including a bonus and a wonderful package! If you are looking to make that move to be with a supportive employer with a great team environment, send your CV to Lisa ASAP!
Salary: £40k - £50k + excellent package