Why Apply? Hybrid Working • Growing Organisation • Exeter based business • Great benefits • Supportive Culture.
Are you an IT support specialist or a 1st Line Support Technician looking for your next opportunity?
Our client is an award-winning IT Support company who provide valuable, remote and onsite, round- the- clock support for organisations of all sizes and sectors.
Providing their clients an external ‘IT department’ solution that they can truly rely upon, as well as offering a full range of other IT services.
The role at a glance:
Reporting to the Head of Service:
• To provide remote and onsite technical support for internal and external clients who require user support or computer systems installations.
• Supporting clients on Office 365, Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft applications
• Providing day to day support to clients on IT strategy, creating and implementing networks and building servers/PC’s
• Involvement in both Project and Customer Support Activities as well as helping maintain and develop your own internal systems.
What you’ll be doing:
• Provide 1st line technical support (over the phone, on email, or through the ticket management system)
• To take full ownership and management of the support cases, including identifying resolutions, managing escalations to the point that the case is closed.
• Logging and updating of all support correspondence.
• Establish and maintain customer setup notes and documentation within the Server based data directories.
• Effectively communication with external hardware and software vendors to select or support a Customer Support Case or Project requirements.
• Provide an exceptional service to ensure the customer experience results in a high level of satisfaction.
• Project work would typically include selecting, designing, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading computer hardware, software, applications, storage, backups solutions, printers, networks, other peripheral equipment and hosted business systems.
You’ll be someone who is:
• Educated to degree level (computing or IT qualification)
• Qualified or be at a level of at least one of the following MCP qualifications or hold the MCSA/MCSE.
• 70-282 (Windows Small Business Server), 70-290 (Windows Server), 70-270 (Windows XP) or 70-291 (implementing, managing, maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure)
• Experienced in Networking (Including routers and switches), TCP/IP. Office 365, Active Directory, Backup solutions and Antivirus.
• Experienced in working with external software and hardware suppliers
• Experienced in using networking troubleshooting tools.
• Savvy with Microsoft products
• Knowledgeable of client/server technology
• Aware of website design, development and SEO
• A strong communicator, both in written form, face to face and over the phone and most importantly to a wide range of audiences.
• Able to prioritise, juggle tasks and work under pressure to meet tight timescales
• Customer orientated – A people person
• Able to think widely and challenge existing and traditional ways of working.
• Flexible (Prepared to participate in a rota for 24/7 support 365 days a year), versatile and pragmatic.
• A good listener
You must have a valid UK driving License and suitable transport as onsite visits will be part of this role.
In return, you’ll receive:
• Salary up to £25,000 • Hybrid working – Post Plan B - 2 days in the office/3 days at home • Paid for team events (summer BBQ and Christmas party) • 22 days holiday + bank holidays • Increased Maternity & Paternity Pay • Holiday purchase scheme • Paid Birthday leave • Free onsite parking • IT Equipment purchase at cost price
Apply now or call for an informal chat.